The Digidoor brand occupies a unique position in the South African garage door and automation industry, as its only end-to-end manufacturer with a truly national footprint, specialising in the production of doors, hardware and garage door motors.
As a born and bred local manufacturer and a truly South African company – producing many of their own garage doors, mechanisms, proprietary hardware and components, including electronic units and related items locally from start to finish.
The Digidoor brand – developed the first product to carry the Digidoor name. This was an electronic garage door opener created for the residential market. It was launched in 1984 and won the Shell Design Award for “Good Product Design” in 1985. The brand grew from strength to strength. Winning the Design Institute’s award for good industrial design in 1994 for its DigiDoor II product.
When 2008 saw the initiation of the dreaded concept of “load-shedding” the company was able to quickly introduce its Digidoor III operator. This was a first of its kind. It had battery back-up and a full chain system. Offering home-owners the assurance that their assets would remain safe even during power outages.
This very popular device was complemented in 2012 by the launch of the Digi-One door operator. It took the market by storm as a result of its ability to offer 1,000Nm of torque. The same security features as the rest of the range, but at a more affordable cost – bringing quality garage door automation within easier reach of virtually all South Africans.
Featuring a powerful 1,000N lifting capacity, this reliable and affordable automation system is ideal for all types of sectional garage doors.
- Microprocessor based control system
- Bright LED courtesy light, with a 3 minute time-out
- Easily adjustable operating force/obstacle sensing
- 24V DC Motor
- Protected against overload and over-heating
- Reliable chain-drive
- Sturdy steel drive-strut
- LED Display – simplifies function programming
- Quite, smooth operation with soft starting and stopping
- Ideal for automation of sectional doors
This exceptionally versatile automation system is easy to maintain and boasts a number of class-leading features:
- Powerful and economical 24Vdc – 600N motor
- Dual sensor position sensing
- Simple to install – parts and accessories included
- Quiet and reliable operation
- Bright LED light with low power consumption
- Hydro reliability and product back-up
- Includes 2 Digi-E-key code-hopping remote controls
- Advanced adjustable obstacle sensing technology